Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Under Construction

 


So the work on Annie's room has finally begun in earnest. When we prepare for a new baby, we utilize the opportunity to completely remodel the room--new flooring, new baseboards, closet organizers, blinds, everything. So it's a huge undertaking, but in the end we have rooms that we hopefully won't have to mess with at all for a very long time. As you can see we're doing stripes (pink and lavender) and that's a huge job as well. Luckily our friend Perry is a pro at cool paint treatments and he's helping Bryan out. Getting the right colors has been kind of a nightmare, but we're finally there. Hopefully next weekend we'll get the painting done, then Bryan can start installing the bamboo floor. I think it's hilarious that our kids end up with nicer bedrooms than ours...

9 comments:

Ana said...

Lookin' good. You guys always have the best nurseries.

Ana

Lemon Family said...

It sounds cute. You'll have to post pics when it's done.

Candy said...

Well, I should say after the baby is born you two should get your room done too!
But it looks wonderful. Post a picture, or pictures, once it is all finish.

'Chelle said...

U went with Pink and Lavender, not just 2 shades of Pink?? It sounds pretty, I can hardly wait to see the room, and of course, our sweet little Annie...

Love, Grammy

'Chelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Quick Family said...

What? Where is my room??????? Oh the sacrifices her Auntie makes for her!
Ha Ha! J/K.
I can't wait to see the nursery! I haven't figured out when I am coming but probably after the little miss. I REALLY want to see her! And, take care of my friend!
XOXO

The Woolner Family said...

Cori, so I saw you comment on Cassi's blog (this is ye olde short-term college roommate, Amber). All I can say is, when I first moved into our apartment, you were organizing your bathroom drawers and adding liner. I was just moving my stuff in, but said to myself, "Self, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship". Since were are still in school and still renting, it drives me crazy not to be able to paint and fix every little nook and cranny. Enjoy the moment my friend in cleaning and organization. Savor its goodness.

Cara said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! And, can't wait to see the little one. Hope you're feeling well!

Unknown said...

I was wondering what you were going to do for your little darling's room. Can't wait for an update!