Sunday, December 14, 2008

All I Want for Christmas...

...is good health for my family and me.

In the last week we have had the following:

~A night in the emergency room when I had another bout of kidney stones.
~A random episode of vomiting, compliments of Ryan.
~Results from a CT that show I have a cavity filled with fluid above my jaw joint. I go to an oral surgeon tomorrow to see what that's all about.
~An impending ultrasound, probably tomorrow, for Annie who hasn't had a significant bowel movement since Tuesday.

We are blessed in many other ways, for which I am extremely grateful. But health issues suck. Especially when it involves your kids. I know in the end we'll all be fine, but for now it's a little unnerving.

Hopefully this coming week Annie and I will get our issues resolved and have a healthy, happy Christmas. We wish the same for all of you.

2 comments:

Lemon Family said...

Oh sweetie, I hope everything gets resolved quickly and without a lot of fuss. Good luck!

Candy said...

Wow, sounds like you have your hands full. I hope that atleast on christmas day you will have a day of peace and quiet as far as all the sickness issues go.
This might be unwanted advice and if so please just discard :-) but for kidney stones (which I had passing during my 8th month of pregnancy, and after I had her) get some Apple Cider Vinegar made in the mother. It is put out by a company named Braggs. Take a shot of it (1 ounce) when you are havin pain, within seconds the pain will be gone. It helps to disolve the stones so that they can pass without pain.
Hugs honey, it'll get better.