Sunday, January 25, 2009

Be Careful What You Teach Your Kids...

Whenever Ryan plays Lego's, his favorite part is destroying whatever gets built. Bryan has encouraged this, and we've always thought it to be really cute when he knocks down whatever contraption has been created and started laughing his cute little belly laugh.

Well earlier this week I went to the Carter's store, and while I was looking around I sat Ryan at the Lego table. After a while another little girl came over who was probably about 3 1/2. She started building something (a castle, according to her), and all of the sudden I hear Lego's falling and that cute little laugh. This was quickly followed by the sound of the little girl crying. I went over and saw exactly what I was expecting. The little girl's mom explained that Ryan was little and he wasn't trying to be mean, and I apologized. Suddenly his destruction didn't seem quite so cute...

3 comments:

Candy said...

You will find may times over that a lot of things you find cute later aren't so cute.
Have found this out with Tiffany. All you can do is try to explain it is okay if it is his but not when it is someone else (which I am sure you have already done).
Hugs girl. Being a mommy can be so hard sometimes.

LemurQueen said...

I dunno...I think it's funny :) But then I only have furry "kids" that destroy my plants and eat dirt...LOL

'Chelle said...

Hmmmmmm, I know Mommy told you the story about when you were about 3 yrs old.

I had taken you to K-Mart... I was looking at some accessories, while u were looking at some items in a glass showcase... I was about 6 ft away from you, (still perfectly in eye range)... and you started with, "Mom, mom, mom"... as I continued to peruse the cool stuff.

You started again with "Mom, mom, mom". I turned around and facing you took a step or 2 towards you and asked, "What?"

Your response was, "MOM, look how BITCHIN'"... I had always thought that was cute till half the store heard you... You were immediately told, "That's a BAD word" and I learned to be a little more careful at what I thought was cute and laughed at, at home...