Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!


I've never been a big "Save the Planet" kind of girl--I drive a Suburban and am a registered Republican. However, since having kids, I have become more environmentally aware and try to do my part. I haven't adopted anything earthshattering--just the little things that if everyone does will combine to make a big difference. Our efforts include:
~Recycling everything we can
~Using canvas shopping bags
~Using cloth napkins instead of paper
~Switching to energy efficient lightbulbs
~Using Nalgene bottles for water instead of disposable water bottles
~Washing clothes in cold water and using the quick wash cycle when appropriate
~Getting our windows UV coated to keep it cooler (and use the A/C less)
I'd love to hear what others are doing to help save the planet!

1 comment:

Greta said...

Be careful of some of those high efficency bulbs. They use Murcury and so if you break one, you pretty much need a hazmat team. You can't throw them out and I am not sure if they are recycleable. We turn off our computers as much as possible. :)