Tuesday, May 04, 2010

What I've Been Up To

So I obviously haven't been busy spending my time blogging, but I have found a fun new hobby--sewing! I started doing some really basic stuff a couple of years ago and a couple of months ago I made a really simple patchwork baby quilt for my cousin. When I was doing that, I had to enlist the help of one of my good friends to help me finish it, and somehow she convinced me that I could quilt and do all kinds of cool stuff. So I went out and bought a really basic quilt pattern, and made the baby quilt below for my step-sister's new little girl Amanda. It was the first one that I did completely on my own and while it wasn't perfect, it came out really well.

Also, whenever I go into Joann's it seems there is some cute material that I think would look cute for something for Annie. I've made one dress for her, but I decided to try just using the material as a skirt and add it to a t-shirt, and I thought it came out really cute.

Right now I'm working on a really cool sailboat quilt for another friend who is having a baby boy this summer. After all these years, it's fun to finally have a hobby!




4 comments:

Ana said...

Cori - how beautiful!! I love the colors on the quilt. Annie looks adorable in that dress - I love her crocs with those jibbitz and her little bracelet. Little girls are so much fun!

Lemon Family said...

Good for you.

The Woolner Family said...

Weeeell, since you like to do it so much. I'm adopting a baby girl in July. Wink Wink. You've done an amazing job, by the way.

Meg said...

I love the quilt and dress! What talent you have!