Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Swim Lessons!

Ryan and his teacher Chase


Ryan waiting for his turn to "swim"

This summer I did as we all do in Arizona and signed my kids up for swim lessons. Ryan had lessons back when he was 9 months old, but last year we opted out. Anyway, he really enjoyed it this year. For the first session he absolutely loved his teacher, Miss Erin. The first day he wanted to run away to wherever I was, but after that he did great. The second sesson he had a really hard time adjusting to his new teacher Chase. The first week there was a lot of crying involved until he got into the water. By the last few days he'd get up and immediately want to get ready for swim lessons (even though they weren't until a couple of hours later). The first session I also signed Annie up for a Mommy and Me class, and that didn't go over so well. She likes playing in the water, but she absolutely looses it when she isn't standing. Trying to put her on her back or hold her on her stomach did not happen. We pretty much spent every day playing with the pool toys in the shallow end while the class happened a few feet away. I didn't think it was worth totally traumatizing her, and my goal was just that she would get comfortable in the water, and I think we accomplished that.








No comments: