Thursday, June 16, 2011

Scrap-tastic!



When I started quilting about a year ago, one of my concerns was where in the world I was going to store my quilting stuff. I don't have an extra room or even a specific area of my house that I can devote to sewing. So I decided then that I would limit myself to one big Rubbermaid tub for all of my fabric. So far I've stuck to that, but the tub is getting mighty full, so I decided to try to use up some of my scraps.


I made this quilt for my friend Jacqie's new baby girl. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out because I really like quilts that are systematically laid out. But I ended up loving this --very pink and very fun! Other than the hot pink sashing (which is also the fabric on the back) everything came from my big tub. Hopefully baby Julia will love cuddling up with it!

3 comments:

Meg said...

wow look at you go girl! another amazing project done. i really need to get my self s new machine so i can craft away too!

John and Ana said...

Beautiful Cori!!

The Woolner Family said...

I LOVE IT!