Monday, May 28, 2007

Our Memorial Day Project

So it's no secret that I can't handle when things are in disarray. Organization is my friend. That's why I have been going nuts for the past year or so every time I go into our garage. A few months after we got married Bryan and I went out and got things in relative order, but since then we have bought camping equipment galore, a 16 foot trailer, a quad, and gotten our year's supply of food storage. The trailer became a catch-all for everything under the sun, and we never really created a place for everything to go. So of course chaos ensued.

Today we spent six hours completely reorganizing the garage. We had to clean out the trailer because Bryan is taking it up to Girl's Camp this week with all of my wards stuff, and we ended up buying new shelving, tons of Rubbermaid containers and all of the like. We ended up taking away two loads of trash and items for Goodwill, and now everything we own has a home, the trailer is empty except for some items people have already brought by for camp, and I am the happiest wife on the planet. I only wish I would have taken 'before' photos. It was seriously a nightmare...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! look at you! I love the organizing! We cleaned our garage over Memorial Day weekend too. Evere since we had to take just about everything out of the house for new carpet, we have not wanted to put it all back in. LOL!
Can't wait to see you soon!

Lewis Times said...

I am so impressed and jealous! We too are in the process of cleaning and organizing...unfortunately, on not so grand a scale - but I know exactly how you feel. =)