Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ryan's First Road Trip

We decided to take advantage of the Labor Day weekend and head up to Bryan's parents cabin in Show Low this past Saturday. We haven't had a chance to get out of the Valley all summer, and I was anxious to get somewhere a little cooler.

It turns out that Ryan is an awesome little traveler. He didn't seem to mind the long car ride, the different environment, sleeping in a new bed or being passed around between Grandma, Grandpa and Sabrina.

The one eye-opener we did experience was in regards to the amount of gear necessary to travel with a little one. We actually had to borrow Bryan's mom's Tahoe in order to get the three of us, Jackson, Bryan's golf clubs and all of our other stuff up there. As much as I love my Lexus, there is no way it's going to suffice once Ryan gets a little brother or sister.

The weather was absolutely incredible--it didn't get above 82 degrees, and we were able to keep the windows open the entire time we were there. When we left Monday morning, it was 77 degrees. By the time we got home it was 107. Oh well, it was great while it lasted...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

'Chelle said...

Oh, I miss that little man of mine... I hope his grandma and grandpa there are spoiling him as much as I wish we could...

PS... are u actually using ur burp clothes now?? (or do I need to make some UGLIER ones???? And did u test the other little tee pee????

Love u, Mom

Anonymous said...

Kid stuff does take up alot of room. He looks so yummy in his car seat. Did you know Sharla is prego? It has been 101 and higher for the past 2 weeks. Gross for me. Today is was 92. Yes. Miss you.

LemurQueen said...

Great to hear he travels well. Is he wearing some sort of baby HANS device?? What is that? Well, as long as it works...Hope you guys are doing well, sounds like it. Glenn & I just got a new addition to our family...a new Labrador puppy we named Brenna.

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Candy (Mikes g/f). What adorable pictures, and I love your blog it is awesome.
Aunt 'Chelle gave me the link to her blog and I saw yours on there (of course that was after she pointed it out to me).
Hope all is well in your world!

Unknown said...

Yes, the gear does take up some room. I consider it over once you can just bring diapers and wipes in your purse, ha ha! It is cooling down here, yeah! Can't wait to wear pants! What in the worls is the tee pee Michelle? LOL!