Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another Year Older


So this past weekend was my 31st birthday. Lots of people asked how I feel about getting older, and my answer? Great! Every year since I've been married has gotten better and better. I anticipate much of the same in the future.

My actual birthday was pretty low key, but nice. When I woke up my boys brought cards and presents into our room, and we all lounged around in bed while I opened them. After that they ran out for a while and brought me home Dunkin Donuts. Yummy. That afternoon I went and got a pedicure (my favorite thing!), and my awesome mother-in-law brought over my favorite cake that she had made for me. That night we had a babysitter for the evening.

We went to dinner at this place we really like that is located at the end of the runway at Falcon Field airport. In addition to being able to see the planes take off and land, we had an awesome view of a beautiful desert sunset behind Camelback Mountain. We got done with dinner early, but since we actually had a babysitter, we didn't want to go home! Don't get me wrong, we love, love, love hanging out with Ryan, but it was just really nice and we were enjoying the time alone! We went and drove around Scottsdale and ended up at this really cute 50's diner type place called The Sugar Bowl where we had yummy sundaes while sitting at the counter on pink vinyl stools. So fun.

Overall it was a fantastic day. I loved that it was on a Saturday and I think the best gift of all was being able to spend all day with my sweetheart.

7 comments:

Candy said...

Well, happy b-lated birthday!! I did not know!
I am very glad you got to spend the day w/ your honey and you had plenty of time to relax and enjoy the day.

'Chelle said...

I'm sorry we're so far away, and that I'm unable to make ur favorite cake for ur birthday these days... but it looks like ur Mom-in-Law is keeping up our family tradition... Happy Birthday Honey... You make us proud...

Lemon Family said...

Happy Birthday Cori

LemurQueen said...

Happy Birthday to yoooouuuu, Happy Birthday to yooouuuu, Happy Birthday dear Cori, Happy Birthday to YOOOOOUUUU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Corinna
we love you and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Corinna
we love you and miss you!!

cara said...

Happy Birthday, Cori! Looks like you had a fun day. You deserve it! I didn't realize how much I would enjoy an evening alone with Jeff for my birthday; we don't get out much, but it was so fun and just like when we were dating or married without a child. Is it just going to get worse from here with more kids? I've been meaning to ask you how Ryan is doing sleeping in the toddler bed. I lost all of my phone numbers, but sometime I'd like to hear how the transition is going. I'm thinking about moving Sienna before number 2 comes along. Talk to you soon!