Monday, February 21, 2011

Finally, Another Quilt Finished!



I have been working on lots of quilts lately, and I have quite a few in progress, but I was glad to finally get one finished because it's been a while! I made this one for one of Bryan's and my friends who is scheduled to deliver a baby girl tomorrow. I loved this fabric from the first time I saw it and I didn't want to chop the prints up too small so I just did a really simple design. I love how it came out though, and the best part is that the back is done in really, really soft flannel. Also this is the first quilt where all of my mitred corners looked really good. If you don't quilt or sew that probably means nothing to you, but for me it's been the hardest part of quilting to get right. I think the old adage that practice makes perfect is true, and it's nice to see that each one is getting better!

2 comments:

Ana said...

CORI! The colors are just gorgeous! Love it!

candy said...

That is gorgeous! So glad you are happy with how it has turned out and feel accomplished with the corners :-)