Monday, May 22, 2006

I Heart North Carolina


Bryan and I got home from our trip to North Carolina this afternoon. We had a fabulous time, and absolutely loved it! Everyone always says that NC is so beautiful and so green...and I concur.

It was great to be able to spend some time with our friends Greta and Tom. They're the kind of friends that you only see every once in a while, but when you do, you always pick up right where you left off. I love that.

As far as the trip itself, we were able to see and do a lot. We visited multiple NASCAR Museums (the Richard Petty, Richard Childress and Winston Cup museums), enjoyed fabulous Japanese food (who knew you'd be able to find good Japanese food in Charlotte?), and of course went to the All-Star race on Saturday night. Little did we know that the Red Hot Chili Peppers would be performing at the race, so that was an extra little treat. Our other extra little treat was the rain...there were multiple rain delays before and during the race, so the race didn't even finish until about 1:00 a.m. But it was all good. We had great seats and a fun time just the same...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I don't really get NASCAR, so you will have to enlighten me one of these days. ; ) Never been to NC, looks pretty. I love rain.