Monday, June 05, 2006

I Survived Girl's Camp!


So I have to admit--as much as I was not looking forward to 3 nights in the wilderness, Girl's Camp ended up being a really great experience. First of all, my girls were awesome. None of the drama you might expect with 15 girls aged 14 and 15 ever even surfaced. (They were just part of the 380 girls that were at the camp).

In addition to some really great spiritual experiences, I had the opportunity to go rappelling and canoeing with some of my girls. Rappelling was not anything that I had ever really thought about doing, but it was really fun, once I figured out how the whole rope thing worked and was convinced that I was not going to fall to my death from the face of a cliff...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so alike, I would need to be convinced that I was not falling to my death too. :) Glad you a had a goo dtime, you are so fortunate to not experience the drama, I have.