Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Random Musings...

I was thinking this morning about how some of the things I enjoy in my life have been “acquired tastes”—things that at one point I didn’t care much for, but now love. For example, I remember a time when I hated reading the newspaper, abhorred going to the gym and avoided getting up before 10:00 a.m. on the weekend like the plague.

But now, I enjoy reading the newspaper every morning. While keeping up on current events makes me feel like an educated member of society, I’m always on the lookout for anything having to do with personal finance and health and fitness. And of course I love those warm-fuzzy human interest stories.

As far as going to the gym, it’s now a love/hate relationship. I hate getting myself there, but I love the way it makes me feel. Luckily the love part of the relationship outweighs the hate, which keeps me going back.

And while I still (on very rare occasions) allow myself to sleep past 10:00, I find that I am much happier when I get up and going and actually accomplish something. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older and have started to realize that time is a commodity not to be wasted. Or maybe it’s just because I’ve been working a 'real job' for enough years that my internal clock freaks out if I’m in bed past 6:30. Who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So who needs the newspaper when I have all these blogs to read. That way I get to read about people I know. (Totaly joking, but not. The newspaper depresses me on most days) But can't you wait til we are like really old, and you only need like 4 hours of sleep? :)