Monday, June 18, 2007

The Beginning of a New Chapter


The awesome divas from my department at United Way. This was our last official lunch together last week. I already miss them!


Since I was 15, I have never gone more than three weeks without a job. The three week stint was between leaving my job in California and starting my first job in Arizona after Bryan's and my wedding. So it was really weird to wake up this morning and not have to get up and get ready for work.
I do have to say it's interesting the way things work out. My job for the last couple of years has been one that I often strugged with because it didn't challenge me and provide me with many of the opportunities I had hoped for. But as I look back, it was the perfect job at the time. There weren't a lot of days that required me to come in early or stay late. That equated to more time with Bryan, which I think is so important, especially at the beginning of a marriage. It very rarely stressed me out. And I absolutely loved my boss and the people I worked with in my department, which I think is really rare.
For the most part I really enjoyed my days, and when it came time to leave to stay home and get ready for Ryan, it just seemed like the next logical step. I think if this job would have been like my job at United Way in California I would have been torn and devastated at the proposition of leaving. But it just shows that everything happens for a reason. I feel like the last two years have left me with some fun memories and some good friends, and really, what more could I ask for?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for you! Congrats! Don't worry, you will have plenty of work to do in the coming years as a mom. Trust me! I can't remember the last time I got bored.

Anonymous said...

There is an empty space here without you! But, I am so excited for your next chapter and I can't wait to meet Baby Ryan!