Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Keeping Our Cool

I'm not really sure why, but so far this summer has been significantly more miserable than my other Arizona summers. I think it's a combination of crazy humidity and little rain since the beginning of the monsoon, and the fact that I'm pregnant. In any case it's been less than pleasant, so when my mother-in-law called last week and told me how cool it was at the cabin and mentioned that we should come up, I decided that was a good idea.

Bryan took off a couple of hours early on Friday and we headed up for the weekend. It never got warmer than 80, and it was overcast and breezy the whole time so it felt great. Ryan got to spend lots of time outside, Bryan got in 9 holes of golf with his dad, and everyone came home happy.


Ryan and Grandpa hanging out at the cabin




It's just as fun to climb up as it is to slide down




Checking out the tire swing





Having fun with Dad


Even Jackson had a good time

3 comments:

Ana said...

Love the picture of Jackson! And that Ryan - he's getting so mobile - he is really haulin' up that slide!!!

Ana

LemurQueen said...

Ryan is getting so big!
Sorry the summer sucks for you this year, but it's great that you have the cabin to retreat to on weekends sometimes. It looks like a fun place to take a break.
Glenn & I say Hi to both of you!!

Unknown said...

Glad you got away from the heat. Seriously, it has been pretty yucky here. Mild, but bad air quality. Ugh! You and your in-law side of the family totally remind me of that great movie "Dan in Real Life". Have you seen it?
By the way, I tagged you on my blog!