Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another Fantastic Year


This Sunday will be Bryan's and my 4 year anniversary. It's hard to believe how fast it has gone, but at the same time it's hard to imagine life before there was an "us." We have a crazy few days coming up so we decided to go to dinner tonight to celebrate. It's always a little weird to leave Ryan at home, but at the same time it's nice to enjoy a leisurely meal at a nice restaurant from time to time. And since our alone time is about to become severely challenged, I think it was much needed.

Our friends Ana and John just had their 4th anniversary and he posted this cute little series of questions and answers about their marriage, which I'm totally going to steal and use to share some (possibly) little known facts about our marriage:

What is his name?....Bryan, also known as Bear, B, Bean and Daddy.

How did I meet him?....An LDS online dating site. Yes, I'm serious. It worked though, so laugh if you will.

Who said I love you first?....I honestly can't remember...

Who kissed who first?.....Bryan kissed me. But then I kissed him back, so it was all good.

Who proposed?....Bryan did on 4th of July weekend on the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. It was actually in the parking lot, but that's a whole different story...

What are his best qualities and features?....His best physical feature is definitely the eyes. Gorgeous. He has so many good qualities--amazing daddy, patience with my many, many quirks, faith that he never questions, the ability to help me realize when I'm being ridiculous, a great sense of humor, an amazing work ethic...really, I could go on and on. But I would say his absolute best quality is his generosity. The man would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He's just like that.

Guilty pleasures....Hmm, good question. I guess his favorite TV shows, Life, Chuck and House.

Who eats more?....I eat more frequently, he eats larger quantities.

Who cooks more? I do, but only because I'm home now. When we both worked, he did. He usually does all the cooking on the weekends though, which I love.

Who's the most sensitive?.....Definitely me.

Who is the first to admit they are wrong?....We're both pretty good at this, though it's not always immediate.

Who does the laundry?...I do. It saves us all from having pink underwear and blue button down shirts for Sunday :)

Who does the dishes?....I do.

Who is more stubborn?....Definitely me. And unfortunately that's a quality that my son has inherited.

Who pays the bills?....I take care of the bills at home, Bryan takes care of the bills for the business.

Who drives the most when we are together?....Bryan but occasionally I do drive if we're just running a quick errand.

What side of the bed do we sleep on? I sleep on the left side of the bed, Bryan sleeps on the right.

Who wears the pants in the family?...Bryan does. I just pick them out and make sure they look nice.

Who has more siblings?...Bryan--2 brothers and 2 sisters.

Who makes more money at their job? Since my salary is currently paid in hugs and kisses and I don't really keep up with the exchange rate, it's hard to say :)

Who holds a grudge?...Neither of us, at least with each other.

Is our marriage perfect?....It's perfect for us, and it seems to just get better and better. I'd say that's pretty close to perfection.

5 comments:

Lemon Family said...

Fun, fun. Happy Anniversary!

LemurQueen said...

I'm so stealing the Q&A for my blog...Glenn & I just had our 12th anniversary..sooo...hmmm How what will the answers show?!?!? LOL
Congrats guys - have a SUPER anniversary!

Ana said...

Awww Cori - we LOVED this. Your picture is beautiful - you look so un-pregnant!

Marriage does seem to get better and better, doesn't it?

Candy said...

Well, happy anniversary than!! Wow, 4 years already!! It seems like we were just attending your reception at Aunt 'Chelles' house. May the next 4 years be better than the last 4, and your love for each other and your children grow.

Greta and Tom said...

I loved both this post and the one right before. It makes me think about my answers. I really loved getting to talk to you the other night. You are the BEST!!! I would never trade being married and having my beautiful little ones, BUT I love and miss our old roommate late night talks. No matter the time between chats, we will always be friends!