Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Doing My Civic Duty

I love election day. Weird, I know, but true. Here in Arizona there is an interesting policy where in addition to being able to complete an absentee ballot, you can also go down to the elections office a few weeks prior to election day to cast your ballot. I see how this is convenient (it is definitely Bryan's preferred method of casting his vote) but for me there is something patriotic about going down to the polls on election day.

This morning I headed over to my polling place and after about a 45 minute wait, I did my thing and voted on the longest ballot in Arizona's history. I dig the ballots here in Arizona--you use a marker to complete an arrow that points to how you want to vote. Pretty much idiot proof. No hanging chads here.

Anyway, if you haven't yet voted, make sure to get out there today!

No comments: