Monday, November 13, 2006

A Hobby Rekindled

Around 10 years ago I was introduced to scrapboooking when my friend Mary Lou had a Creative Memories party at her house. I had never been particularly crafty, but I loved photos, so I quickly got hooked. Over time however, work and school and many other demands on my time prevented me from pursuing this little hobby.

A few months ago, Bryan was looking at the scrapbook I put together back in the day. “Why don’t you do this with our pictures?” he asked. Good question. I’m still busy but not to the extent I used to be, and to be honest I’ve been feeling a need to have a hobby. So I pulled out my old scrapbooking supplies, bought some new ones and got to work. The good thing is that every since we’ve been together, I’ve put all of Bryan’s and my pictures in an album, in order and with notes about the dates, places, etc so it’s been pretty easy to get going.

This past weekend I went to a fun crop with my friend Wendy. We were there from 6:00 to midnight and I got a ton of pages done. It’s fun to have a hobby again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that your scrapbooking again. I can't live without it. Have fun.