Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Faster than the Speed of Life

I can't believe how fast Ryan is growing. It honestly seems like just last week that Bryan and I were in the hospital, anxiously awaiting Baby Ryan's arrival. Yesterday I started putting him in size 1 diapers (as opposed to newborn) and it really made me sad. I feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow and he's going to be 10 years old.

I remember being a kid and counting down to "when I got older." I couldn't wait to be old enough to wear makeup, date, drive, graduate high school, etc. Now I wish time would just slow down a little bit. I'm glad I get to stay home with Ryan, because I can't imagine how much worse the whole time issue wouuld seem if I only had a few hours with him each day...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had that same feeling when Everett was a baby. I would even pick him up out of his crib while he was sleeping just hold him and cherish him just a bit more. It does happen quickly, he is 10!

'Chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
'Chelle said...

Now u know how ur momma felt... Every minute with u was precious. because YOU were so precious... I'm glad my daughter grew up to be able appreciate every moment u have with your child... Because honey... time flys....

Love u tons!!!!
Mom
PS... u can list me with ur blogger friends if u like...