Tuesday, November 27, 2007

So Much to be Thankful For

With cousins Zack and Maddie at the cabin

Cousins Emma and Lucy think I am pretty cute

Me with Uncle Keate

Thanksgiving day with Grandma...finally I know where my blue eyes came from!



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. The weekend before we went up to the cabin with all of Bryan's family, including his sisters and their families that live out of state. We had a fun time and Ryan enjoyed meeting all of his aunts and uncles and cousins.

We spent Thanksgiving Day at Bryan's brother Troy's house. Troy and his wife Teri prepared an absolutely phenomenal meal--scallops wrapped in bacon for an appetizer, turkey that had been soaked in a brine solution, served with pomegranate sauce, wild rice and churizo stuffing, a fantastic sweet potato casserole with banana (and I don't even LIKE bananas!) and many other yummy treats. Initially I had been somewhat of a naysayer, because I am all about tradition when it comes to holiday meals. But I have to say, it was the best Turkey Day meal I have ever had!

The rest of the weekend we did the usual preparations for Christmas. Bryan put up the outside Christmas lights and we set up and decorated the Christmas tree.

Oh yeah, and we bought a new car. Yes folks, I have one child and I now drive a Suburban. Go figure. Actually we put a lot of thought into the purchase, and it really does make a lot of sense for us. It was a sad day to trade in the Lexus, but I dig the new ride, and Ryan is enjoying the fact that his Big Boy car seat can fully recline in the Suburban.

2 comments:

'Chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! A suburban! You must be planning to have 5 kids??? ;) That dinner does sound delicious!