Friday, November 30, 2007

Sushi? Sushi!

So that pretty much sums up my change of heart regarding sushi. I have always been a bit leery of the whole concept of eating raw fish. I am a texture person, and most of the foods that I don't like have earned that designation because of their texture, not because of their taste.

Anyway, Bryan's brother and his girlfriend invited us to join them for sushi last night, and we figured it was time that we at least tried it. There were 6 of us, and since Gary was the sushi veteran, we let him order for all of us. Gary is the kind of person who isn't going to do anything part way, so it wasn't wimpy California Rolls for us!

I was surprisingly fond of the shashimi--particularly the yellow tail, and also the salmon. The seared ahi was delicious and we had a variety of amazing rolls as well--most of which included raw rather than cooked fish. The only thing I tried that I didn't like was the sea bass--the texture on that one didn't do it for me. But otherwise, I loved everything and am ready to go back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally feel the same way! I told my cousin that she could take me for my first sushi someday, not when I am pregnant. :) I have had the california roll, which I love...but I think that has crab and not raw fish. Everyone seems to love eel for some resaon. But i can just imagine it snapping at me!

Cara said...

I was just like you until my first date with Jeff and my first experience with sushi. I fell in love...with sushi and later with Jeff :)