Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Goals for 2008

They say that if you write down your goals, you are more likely to accomplish them. Additionally, if you share them with others, you tend to be more accountable. So I'm going out on a limb here and am going to list my goals (or New Year's Resolutions, if you will). Here we go...

1. Establish a daily schedule and stick to it. I do so much better with structure in my day, and I want to create that for Ryan so he knows what to expect. They say structure is key for well-adjusted children, and I definitely want one of those!

2. Eliminate sugar from my diet. I have been doing this since Dec. 26 and so far, so good. Actually "eliminate" is a bit of a misnomer, but my goal is no foods with 10 grams or more of sugar (since it's in everything!) and no obvious sweets like chocolate, cookies, soda, etc.

3. Run a 5K. This one is going to be a stretch. I have always hated running, but it makes me feel good. I can easily walk 3 miles, so hopefully I can convert that to running. We'll see.

4. Clear out our guest room in preparation for Baby #2. No, I am not pregnant, but hopefully I will be by the end of the year, and before we have another little one, we want to put in wood floors, new molding and all the other crazy stuff we did for Ryan's room. And as I noted earlier, home improvement projects are never quick nor easy, so I want to make sure we have plenty of time.

5. Finish scrapbooking my first 2 years of marraige. Yes, I know, I've been married for 3 years. But it's been a goal of mine to get the first 2 years done, since, oh, November 2, 2006.

6. Complete Personal Progress for Young Women's. For those of you not familiar, our church has a program for the Young Women that is similar to the Eagle Scout program for the boys. As a Young Women leader, there is a modified version that we are encouraged to work on, and I'd really like to finish mine this year.

7. Read 6 books. Kind of a random one, but I never seem to make time to read a real book anymore. Magazines, yes. All of my friends' blogs? Of course. But nothing really literary, per se. If I can read one book every two months, I will be extremely happy.

8. Attend the temple at least once a month. When I lived in California and going to the temple was an all day affair because I had to drive 2 hours each way, I never missed a month. Now that there is one close by, I always think, "Oh I can go next week" or whatever. Now that Ryan doesn't need to be fed every 2 hours, and he's on formula half of the time, I really don't have any excuse not to go.

What are your goals for 2008?

1 comment:

Cara said...

Love the new design of your blog! I also have a scrapbook resolution: one layout/week. It didn't seem too difficult when I made the resolution, but I'm already behind (there's still time to catch up, though). That's the great thing about New Year's resolutions: you have all year to work on them...